Deciding To Buy
Making the decision to purchase is a huge step towards home ownership. Paying your own mortgage and not your landlord is a reason to buy. Your desire to leave a legacy for your children is a reason to buy. We service first time Home Buyers, Sellers, and Investors. Property Ownership is an excellent investment whether you are looking for a dream home, a rental property or to expand your investment portfolio.
Preparing to Buy
Before you start shopping for property, I would recommend you make some preparations.
Checking Your Credit Score
Your credit score will have a huge impact on what type of property you can buy and at what price. Contact an experienced lending institution so that they can determine what you can afford. The lender will research your credit report from three credit reporting agencies Equifax, Experien and Transunion. We will be happy to recommend experienced and knowledgeable lenders.
Choosing A Real Estate Agent
Buying a property requires making many important financial decisions. It helps to have an expert in your corner when undertaking such a large purchase. We can guide you through this process. Here are some factors to consider when choosing your Real Estate Professional:
- Look for a full-time agent
- Ask how much time the agent will have for you
- If they are available evening and weekends
- What is their work schedule
- How does the agent communicate with their client
- Choose an agent who listens attentively to your needs and concerns
- Pick an agent who makes you feel comfortable
Time to Find Your New Home
- Take a drive to look at different neighborhoods, complexes, or subdivisions
- Narrow your search
Time to Buy
Once you have picked out the property you want to purchase, your real estate agent can help you make an offer that the seller will accept. An agent can also help you draft your offer in a way that gives you the advantage over another offer.
Escrow Inspection and Apraissal
- The Process is a step by step process
- Once your offer is accepted, give your Earnest Money Deposit to your realtor to turn in to the Brokerage
- Select your Closing Agent/Title Company
- Schedule your Home Inspection
- Review your Inspection
- Request Repairs
- Return to listing agent for review with the seller
- Once seller approves repairs, have lender order Appraisal
- Once Appraisal is conducted, ensure that the value is appropriate
- Negotiate all lender required repairs
- Ensure that the HOA/Condo documents are order in a timely fashion, if applicable
- Contact your insurance company to purchase homeowners Insurance
- We will provide a list of useful numbers for the activation of home services and utilities after closing process
- Contact all utility companies to have your utilities turned on in your name
- Return to the property for a final walkthrough prior to settlement, remove keys from lockbox, check water reading, secure property, head to settlement
Closing Day – Congratulations! Now you have some loose ends to tie up.
Final Walk-Through Inspection
The final inspection takes place a day before or the day of the closing. You will revisit the property to ensure that all is in working order, and everything is the same as when you last viewed the property. Confirm that all work has been completed by licensed contractor (if applicable), ask for invoices. Return remove keys from lockbox, check water reading, secure property, head to settlement